Mr Fish had last week off and we got stuck in and the last few things to do were actually done.
The bookcase was made with some assistance from the little fishes (they have quite good hammering skills) and when that was in place and secured we thought "why not put the floor down while we're on a roll". So we did.
Once we figured out the correct way to click them together the floorboards went down pretty easily. And watching a 'how to lay a floating floor' dvd that came free with a handyman magazine recently certainly helped.
The floors took a day to do and we were a bit buggered by the end of it (since it was raining we had to move the bench saw out the front to the verandah that was dry and go through the house each time a cut was made).
The next day we put the skirting on and I managed to get most of them painted before they were nailed down, and then had to go round and touch up the paint around the nail holes and where some grotty hands had left dirty marks on them.
So we are now moved in and loving it! There's just a little bit of tweaking and decorating to go and then all will be revealed!!
(I never thought I would say it but I'm a bit over painting)
Only one room left in the house to paint and then sewing!