Thursday, January 14, 2010

The sewing room is tidy!

Not much actual sewing has been done lately, though I have a couple of birthday pressies to make for the end of January. We've been having a bit of a cleaning blitz around here and have painted the kitchen cupboard doors, finished tiling the bath and changed the shower curtain rail, cleaned out the linen cupboard and tidied up the sewing/computer/toy room! We are planning to build a rumpus room out the back sometime this year (hopefully soon!) and I am taking my impatience out on the house. I still don't like doing housework but I like doing other jobs around the house (rearranging, painting etc) so that will have to do 'til building begins. Since most things I ramble on about are craft related I thought I'd post some pics of my crafting space while it is clean and tidy and you can actually see the surface. I have one wall in the mutipurpose room which is all mine to fit as much as I can in. If the toys or other books creep over they get put back on their side pretty quickly. I have an old wooden wardrobe that is now home to my stash, but it is rather tricky keeping it all in there and not having it spill out everywhere! The softies have to fight the books for some shelf space but mostly they get along pretty well. The corkboard above the machines is my ideas and inspiration board and the stuff changes fairly often depending on what my latest interest is. (Claire, if you look really closely next to the thread stand you will see the little owl that you so nicely parted with, he's the quick un pick holder! Much better than toothpicks I say!)
This little frog has taken over the big pottery mushroom in the garden out the front and uses the trap door to go in and out, how cute is that! Biggest fish goes 'exploring' every night with her torch (and Mr fish) in the front yard and looks for frogs and geckos and whatever else is vaguely interesting. They came across this little guy last week and so far he seems to be staying put. The frog is normally sitting on the top of the mushroom but they were lucky enough to see him creeping out one night.

2 comments:

  1. Joely your sewing space is amazing I'm so envious mine is one end of the dining table. AAAAhhh drives me crazy but it's not moving! I really must get one of those thread holders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sewing space looks grear - I wonder what the owners would say if added a rumpus room to this house - no wait I would have NO BACKYARD LOL. How cute is that frog - what a reat picture:)

    ReplyDelete