i made a new pincushion the other day and decided to do a cupcake as they are cute and are a good shape for a pincushion. i put rice in the bottom to weigh it down a bit.
It's Stacey's (1st little fish) birthday in April and I found a cute monkey pattern in a handmade mag from the library. I changed the wool fabric to chenille for the body and it came out okay. I thought it might be a bit thick but it seemed fine. So monk (she calls all monkeys monk) will have to sit in the cupboard for a bit longer til it's time to come out and play.
I got a parcel in the post this morning of fabric I got off etsy (the best website ever!!!) and I had to let Stacey open it as she was so excited I thought she might explode. We got some lovely material off Karen GrayDesign and even got a freebie, thanks Karen!
It will probably be made into some dresses or skirts for the fishes but you just never know.